Covid-19 Vaccine Update: 31st December 2022
Covid Booster Doses
You can book your booster Vaccine here.
Please check your eligibility before you book.
Booster vaccine doses are now being offered for COVID-19:
• third booster - people age 65 and older, people age 12 and older with a weak immune system (if you received a second booster which was the older vaccine type more than 4 months ago you are eligible for a booster with the new bivalent vaccine)
• second booster – see below
• first booster - all people age 12 and older and (5 to 11 year olds with a weak immune system can get a booster in vaccination centres)
Bivalent COVID-19 vaccines
New bivalent COVID-19 vaccines are now being offered as booster doses. These adapted vaccines are expected to give you better protection against COVID-19, including the Omicron variant.
Covid 3rd Booster
You can get your third booster dose now if you are:
• age 65 or older
• if you are 50-64 years, or 12-49 years with a condition that puts you at high risk of serious illness from Covid-19, and you received a second booster more than four months ago which was the older vaccine type, you are eligible for a booster with the new bivalent vaccine
• age 12 or older with a weak immune system
Covid 2nd Booster
You should get a second booster if you are:
• age 18 to 49 - wait at least 6 months since getting your last COVID-19 vaccine or COVID-19 infection
• You can still get your second booster dose if you are 50 to 64
• If you are pregnant (from 16 weeks)
• 12 or older with a condition that puts you at high risk of serious illness from COVID-19 - for example, diabetes, asthma or heart disease
• a healthcare worker - bring your work ID or a letter as proof of employment
• 12 or older living in a long-term care facility- this will be given where you live
How long to wait before getting your booster
Wait at least 4 months since getting your last COVID-19 vaccine. You can check the date of your last vaccine on your digital COVID-19 certificate. If you had COVID-19, wait at least 4 months since you tested positive or from when your symptoms started. (If you are aged 18-49 with no underlying conditions this period is extended to 6 months)
If you are pregnant
If you have not already had a booster during this pregnancy, you can get a second booster at or after 16 weeks of your pregnancy.
Why get a booster dose
It's important to keep up-to-date with your COVID-19 vaccines, even if you are already vaccinated or you have had COVID-19. The protection from previous doses or a COVID-19 infection may weaken with time. You may be at higher risk of severe disease if you get COVID-19. A booster can prevent the possibility of hospitalisation or death from COVID-19 illness.
It may take 7 days for a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose to work.
Booking your Vaccine
If you are eligible for a Covid-19 booster please book here.
If you have any questions please ask in store.