What does the service offer?
Hickey’s Pharmacists are available to tailor a plan bested suited to your needs and preferences to help you stop smoking.
Your pharmacist will explain the negative effects of smoking and the benefits of giving up smoking
How Does It Work?
Our pharmacists will help you:
- Choose the most suitable products for you to use as part of your quit programme
- By providing useful information on personal triggers and how to beat the cravings
- Dealing with withdrawal symptoms
- In times when motivation is needed in cases of slip ups
Why Is It Important?
The benefits of stopping or not smoking start straight away:
- The good news is that once you quit smoking, your body experiences a series of beneficial health changes that begin immediately and continue for years.
- Within 20 minutes of quitting, your blood pressure and pulse rate return to normal. Circulation improves in the hands and feet, making them warmer.
- After 8 hours, oxygen levels in the blood return to normal. Your chances of a heart attack start to fall.
- Within 24 hours, carbon monoxide is cleared from your body and after 48 hours, your sense of taste and smell begin to improve.
- After 72 hours, breathing will become easier and your energy levels will increase.
- After 1 year, your risk of a heart attack reduces by 50%.
- After 10 years, your risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker and your risk of a heart attack falls to about the same as someone who has never smoked.
Where is this service available?
Our pharmacy teams are here to help.
Fantastic pharmacy stock a wide range of everything and not to mention the fast and friendly staff always very friendly and welcoming definitely worth a visit and completely recommendCarla
Excellent Pharmacy very friendly and helpful staff ,if they do not have it they will order it in what super service!Pauline
Great people delivering great services & smiles!Tony
Find your nearest store
Use our store locator to find your nearest Hickey’s Pharmacy. You’ll be able to find contact details, opening hours and directions.