Whether you’re packing for yourself or the whole family it’s important to pack so you’re prepared for every eventuality. See our top 10 essentials - all available in Hickey’s Pharmacy.
1. The number one item for everyone travelling to a warmer climate - a good suncream . It’s not only important to protect yourself from sunburn but also to protect from UVA & UVB rays which can cause premature skin aging. For kids we recommend P20 Once a Day it’s long lasting and highly water resistant.
2. In combination with your sun protection you should also pack a lip balm with SPF to keep lips moist and to avoid burning. We recommend Carmex SPF15, available in stick or pot.
3. When we’re abroad it’s tempting to try and get a tan by sunbathing. Instead of exposing your skin to harmful rays make sure to bring your favourite tan with you so you can top up.
4. Hair removal can be a priority for many of us in the warmer weather. The Veet range offers quick and easy hair removal while aboard or pick up a Gillette Big Blade Pack so you don’t run out!
5. Despite taking every precaution we can sometimes still get burned. Aloe vera based after sun such as Piz Buin After Sun cools the skin and offers much needed moisture. Aloe vera gel also works well.
6. Cuts and scrapes can happen, make sure you’re prepared by packing a basic first aid kit containing plasters, a basic antiseptic such as Savlon and some pain killers.
7. If you plan on spending a lot of time sightseeing, make sure you protect your feet. Our new Fixxa range has toe protectors, heel cushions and bunion cushions. If you’re already suffering from a blister pick up some Compeed Blister Plasters before you head off.
8. No matter where you’re going wet wipes should always be part of your kit, from cleaning grubby hands after playing in the sand to cleaning spills, they’re multi-functional!
9. If you suffer from allergies it’s important to pack enough antihistamines/ decongestants for your trip, a change in weather can sometimes cause allergies to worsen. Antihistamines can also be used if you’re unfortunate enough to get bitten.
10. Insect Repellent is also important to pack if you’re visiting sunnier climes, particularly for children or people who suffer from allergies as they could have a more severe reaction if bitten.
Speak to one of our healthcare advisors in store if you need more travel healthcare advice.
Conditions & Wellbeing
Our pharmacy teams are here to help.View More
Find your nearest store
Use our store locator to find your nearest Hickey’s Pharmacy. You’ll be able to find contact details, opening hours and directions.