Make Up Tips with Marek Hegli
We were delighted to welcome Lancôme Elite Make Up Artist Marek Hegli to our West Street Drogheda store on Wednesday 3rd October for a make up masterclass. Our VIP guests were guided through the importance of a daily skincare routine and one lucky person was treated to a full make over, whilst guests listened and learned about the different beauty steps and products. We caught up with Marek for a quick chat so we could ask him for his top tips to share with you.
1. What are your favourite skincare products for wintertime? It’s important to give your skin some nourishment in wintertime. Nourishing moisturisers, with an oil base, protect the skin against the elements and prevent skin from drying out better than hydrating creams which adds water to the skin which can lead to cracking. I recommend Lancôme Absolue Precious Cells Day Cream which also contains SPF 15.
2. Top skincare tip? Always use a toner after cleansing. A softening toner without alcohol is best as it is gentle on the skin.
3. What are your top products for achieving an autumn make up look? A bronzer to give a colour boost, a copper eyeshadow and a dark berry lip colour such as Lancome Berry Noir Lipstick 397.
4. Favourite Mascara for volume? A classic mascara such as Lancôme Hypnose is great for adding volume.
5. What Lancôme make up product is a must have in every make up bag? Lancome Fix It Forget It spray is a must have for long lasting make up looks to bring you right through the day.
6. What are your top tips for flawless make up application? Always start with a good primer such as Lancôme Base Pro Primer to even out the skin before application, then use a long wear foundation such as Lancôme Tint Idole Ultra Wear. Finish with Lancôme Fix It Forget It spray.
7. How do you find the perfect foundation? Firstly, it’s important to understand the undertone of your skin to make sure it matches correctly, you can visit the Lancôme counter in Hickey’s Pharmacy Ballincollig or West Street Drogheda where our experts can colour match you. The side of your neck is the best place to find the perfect colour for you.
Find your nearest store
Use our store locator to find your nearest Hickey’s Pharmacy. You’ll be able to find contact details, opening hours and directions.